Well it's finalized. It's not easy putting all the gear together that you hope feels perfect for 2200 miles but after a lot of trying on, sizings, advice, stubbornness, exchanges and more, without further ado, I present to you my (hopefully perfect) gear list....
The Big Stuff:
• Tent: Big Anges Fly Creek UL 2 person... For extra comfort of course.
• Sleeping Bag: Nemo Nocturne 30 Degree... Very comfortable and perfect for this warm bodied sleeper.
•Sleeping Pad: REI Flash Insulated Sleeping Pad... Rocks hurt so this will help.
• Backpack: Granite Gear Blaze AC 60... I actually tried on a bunch of different packs but this one made me all happy inside more so than the rest.
The Body Stuff:
• Footwear: Salewa Wildfire Approach... Love these bad boys. My hiking go to!
• Camp Footwear: Vivobarefoot Ultra Runner.. If you pull the footbed out its perfect for camping and walking across a brook.
• Insulated Layer: Mountain Hard Wear Thermal Q Elite... Warm as hell and will make a great pillow.
• Midlayer: KUHL Thor blended wool/micro fleece.
REI medium long sleeve
REI heavy hooded long sleeve
Nike Dri-fit short sleeve
•Rain Gear: Frogg Toggs rain coat and pants... Makes me feel like a kid again.
• Underwear: ExOfficio boxer briefs (2 pairs)
• Leggings: EMS med and light (2 pairs)... Got the medium for the colder temps and light for when it's warmer... Obviously...
• Hiking Pants and Shorts: EMS Zip-Off pants. Brilliance at its finest. Pants and shorts in one. Who would have thought?!
• Socks: Darn Tough Merino Wool Micro Crew ( 2 pairs, hiking)
Teko Extra Heavy Expedition ( 1 pair, camp) Warm feet are the best feet...
• Gloves: Serius All Weather Gloves. Or was it warm hands are the best hands?
• Hats: REI Fitted Shell
Northface Fitted Wool (to sleep in during cold nights)
Yonder baseball cap!!!!
Other Vitals and Some:
•Cooking Stove: MSR Micro Rocket. I hear it's what all the cool people are using...
• Water Filter: Sawyer PointOne with 32-ounce Pouch.. Another cool kid item...
Potable Tablets (back up)
• Hiking Poles: Leki Corklight
• Headlamp: Black Diamond Spot Headlamp
First Aid Kit, REI 2L Nalgene water bottle, cooking pot, drinking cup, spork, Gerber knife, Tenacious repair tape, body glide, Dr. Bronners soap (4 oz.), travel toothbrush and paste, small camera, iphone, back up charger, AT Guide Book, journal, Spot Gen3 GPS (makes the fam happy), REI compass/thermo/whistle in one, 550 paracord (have to hang that food!), 2 bandanas and 3 Sea to Summit stuff sacks for all these wonderful things.
I'm still wrestling with a few decisions and quite possibly will tinker a bit more with this final "pack" but I'm happy with it and feel this pack full of needs will get me the 2168.1 miles I need to go..
If you have any suggestions or input I would love to hear from ya. Feedback is a lovely thing friends.
Jesse (trail name TBD)